I'm in day 3 of a nasty cold. Best I've felt in three days and I still haven't managed to stay awake through an entire day. My nose has stopped running. Now I have a cough every 2-3 minutes. My ribs are achey. Ugh!
I'm supposed to be in Whistler right now. We were invited by some friends there. This is the second, perhaps third year that I've gotten a nasty cold right on or after x-mas. Coincidence? I don't think so. It's like the post-final exam breakdown.
The Pats are on today. That's something nominally interesting on TV. I can't watch another minute of college football bowl games. I'm pretty sure I'd rather watch curling at this point.
I think you passed it over the internet. My nose started running today and tonight my eyes are really watery.
ReplyDeleteOh, crap. Sorry about that. I hope you don't have it so bad. Nice of it to coincide with the weekend? Perhaps?
ReplyDeleteI couldn't sleep without sudafed with guafinisen. It's in a line of products called Mucinex out here. Dries you out terrible but at least you can sleep. I can sleep through sudafed but if you can't there's a guaf-only formulation, I think. They are twelve hours too but last only 10 for me.
I'm kind of obsessed with the Wegman's brand of "Nyquil."
ReplyDeleteDoesn't sound like mine was as bad as yours. My worst day was Wednesday and it got much better after that. Now I'm doing everything I can to avoid the coldsore that is trying to take hold from blowing my nose so much.
Hope you're better by now.
Well, it became a sinus infection. I know that because yesterday I went to a naturopath. My doctor was on vacation so I saw the naturopath who is in his practice.
ReplyDeleteShe checked me out and concluded I had a sinus infection, prescribing anti-biotics. I do not have strep, which she tested for.
She also did a procedure involving essential oils on q-tips inserted through my nose into my sinus. Essential oils are anti-biotic she said. That was intense.
Last night I finally got a solid, complete nights sleep.
Wow.
ReplyDeleteImage of sinuses:
ReplyDeletehttp://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://stb.msn.com/i/FA/5D9ADA412BA3BE63B941D2488561.jpg&imgrefurl=http://health.msn.com/PopUp.aspx%3Fcp-documentid%3D100056717&h=300&w=460&sz=30&hl=en&start=3&sig2=o1K-zmcAixGauS2VvSuGZg&um=1&tbnid=mfKiU_2pjRBKGM:&tbnh=83&tbnw=128&ei=fTiCR-jzE5u6hAKW4d01&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfacial%2Bsinuses%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG
More intense article on sinuses:
http://www.dermamed.com/tech_docs/resp_disorders/resp_lit.asp
Something else on sinuses that looked like it /might/ be useful:
http://www.sinusdynamics.com/Viral-Sinusitis.html