Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Ten years from now

Where do you see yourself ten years from now?

Same house?

Same job?

Same country?

I wanted to put a new post here after all the things we've been doing with the google group etc.

Not sure it is a great discussion but here goes.

House - for some reason I don't see it. I think we'll move. I don't know why except that this isn't a house I see being 55 in. The kids will be grown; why stay?

Job - God I hope not. It's not that I don't have a good job and a good deal. I do. I appreciate the bargain I've struck with Big Company. But, I'm not talking about a rational plan here. I'm talking fantasy, mental images, thought experiments, daydreaming. When I think that in 10 years I'll have worked at the same place for 19 years as and employee and 23 in total. That's a little weird.

Country - I once thought no but now I think I will stay in the USA. While I like other countries to visit, I can't see going to the expense and work of living in another one.

3 comments:

  1. Where do you see yourself ten years from now?

    moi said what is in bold italics

    Same house? No way.

    Same job? Maybe. If I don't burn out before then.

    Same country? Probably.

    I wanted to put a new post here after all the things we've been doing with the google group etc.

    Not sure it is a great discussion but here goes.

    House - for some reason I don't see it. I think we'll move. I don't know why except that this isn't a house I see being 55 in. The kids will be grown; why stay? They won't be living somewhere else necessarily. They may just be away during the academic portion of the year.

    Job - God I hope not. It's not that I don't have a good job and a good deal. I do. I appreciate the bargain I've struck with Big Company. But, I'm not talking about a rational plan here. I'm talking fantasy, mental images, thought experiments, daydreaming. When I think that in 10 years I'll have worked at the same place for 19 years as and employee and 23 in total. That's a little weird.

    Country - I once thought no but now I think I will stay in the USA. While I like other countries to visit, I can't see going to the expense and work of living in another one. I also plan to visit other countries still, and possibly even plan extended stays. But the challenges of maintaining family connections over even greater distances does not appeal to me. I also plan to do what I can as a voter to make this USA be what I want it to be for me and mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same House? No way. I think we'll move when the kids go away to school. They can come visit us in our new house. No need to be in this neighborhood then.

    Same Job? It's hard to imagine being at this job 10 more years. It's easier to envision a different company.

    Same Country? Yes. I pretty much echo the two other answers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. house? doubt it. it would be nice to own something in 10 years.

    job? absolutely. but on my own, not for someone else. unless i'm teaching chiropractic somewhere.

    country? hmmmmm. we keep talking about other countries. but the i don't think it will actually happen. although since the dollar is so weak it would be nice make money.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.