Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Vacation

We spent a lovely couple days on vacation in August this year. Not quite as big a deal as last year. We went up to Parksville, BC, Canada for a week with the McMurtry clan. A good time was had by all.

We also went over to Orcas Island in the San Juan Islands for the Labor day weekend. It was a good time, too, kinda like the vacation version of a nap. It was calm. We didn't do a lot. We read books, played ping-pong, paddle boated, and went for walks around a lake.

What you all do?

Big Bro

4 comments:

  1. Interestingly, your post did not ping my live feed properly...I didn't realize this was here until just now.

    My Summer Vacation. By Nicole Langlois

    This summer was a great summer. This summer I did alot of things on my vacation. I went to Maine and I went kayaking on the ocean. Also, I went to Maine again to go kayaking and also go to Portland and walk around the shops.

    Then we went camping in the Berkshire Mountains. It rained really bad and the wind kept blowing our tent over so we had to hold it up. But then it was nice out and we ate maple sausage on sticks.

    I had the best summer vacation ever!

    For realzies the above is all true. Except for the best vacation ever part. I have not yet topped my National Lampoons European Vacation. Big Ben! Parliament!

    We visited with my office owners a couple times this summer to go kayaking in Porpoise Bay near Kennebunkport. It was a good time, especially considering I'm afraid of the ocean. Facing your fears is a good time. And it was great to see Derek get to know my office owners a bit. They're really lovely people.

    No big trips that have lasted much longer than a weekend though. Next year I'll know what weeks I can take off as vacation because they're ridiculously slow.

    We are headed to Maryland and Virginia to visit some friends from chiro school around my birthday. I'm looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and also I saw the POLICE and it was AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to St Marteen, got sunburned, and got drunk. It was AWESOME!!!
    Not in that particular order. In fact I only got sunburned once and got drunk many times..
    I also did some snorkeling and visited a nude beach.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, Favs you're hilarious. And I'm not just talking about you in the nude.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.